The Pinnacle of Hang-On-Back Filtration
The Reef Octopus Classic 90 HOB skimmer is totally different approach to HOB skimmers as it has a cylindrically main body and is capable of filtering aquariums up to 130 gallons. The Classic 90HOB intake device skims the top of the water surface removing the ugly oil buildup and organics from the water surface that would otherwise accumulate and hinder light penetration.
A cylindrical reaction chamber, the bubble chamber, and conical body to neck transition all help manage the air gently and reducing turbulence providing stable filtration performance. Best of all the Classic 90HOB is very easy to be set up and easier to operate.
The bioload of an aquarium refers to its ability to process waste in proportion to tank volume. Protein skimmers work best when properly matched with the bioload of the system.
Classic 90HOB Features
- Cylindrically Body Design
- Reef Octopus Aquatrance 1000s Skimmer Pump
- Traditional Style Collection Cup w/ Drain
- Pump Mounted External to the Skimmer
- Turbulence Reducing Bubble Plate
- Easy to Remove Collection Cup
- Air Silencer
- Precision Control Output Valve
- Solid Acrylic Construction
- Body Size: 4in
- Footprint: 7.5in x 7.5in
- Total Height: 23.8in
- Reef Octopus Aquatrance 1000s Pinwheel Pump
- Wattage: 9w
- Air Draw: 420 lph / 15 SCFH*
- Water Draw: 350 lph / 92 GPH*
*Air and water results will vary depending on aquarium setup
CoralVue, Inc. and Reef Octopus hereby guarantee this product to be free from defects in material and workmanship for a period of:
- 1 Year
Warranty is activated on the date of purchase.
This Standard Limited Warranty applies and is limited as follows:
- To the product only as long as it remains in the possession of the original purchaser.
- To the product that has not been subject to accident, misuse or abuse.
- To the product that has not been modified, altered, defaced, or had repairs made or attempted by other than CoralVue, Inc.
- That CoralVue be immediately notified in writing within ten (10) days of first knowledge of defect by owner or his agent.
- That CoralVue, Inc. shall be given first opportunity to make any repairs, replacements or corrections to the defective construction within a reasonable period of time.
- Under no circumstances shall CoralVue and/or the Manufacturer be liable by virtue of this warranty or otherwise for damage to any person or property whatsoever for any special, indirect, secondary or consequential damages of any nature however arising out of the use or inability to use because of the product defect.