Light Commercial Protein Skimmer
Great for large marine systems: 1050-3000 gallons
The Super Reef Octopus 9000ext is the largest of the highly efficient Light Commercial SRO line of protein skimmers with a 20″ body and standing under 44″ inches tall. Don’t let its short stature full you, it comes equipped with dual(2) Bubble Blaster 10000 pumps that produce incredible air draw numbers and using less than 190watts total energy. Great for large home aquariums, frag farmers, small commercial displays, and store systems under 3000 gallons.
The quiet yet powerful Reef Octopus Bubble Blaster HY-10000 is a super-efficient pinwheel skimmer pump that comes backed by a 2-year warranty. Our Bubble Blaster skimmer pumps are a true innovation to the aquarium hobby. Equipped with a calcium inhibiting silicone nitride shaft and bearings our Bubble Blaster skimmer pumps the increasing life of the pump and decreasing maintenance.
While all other skimmer pumps on the market are modified water pumps from a water pump manufacturer the Bubble Blaster pumps were designed and built to be a skimmer pump! Enhanced with a digital control circuit board that controls the pumps’ directional start-up and RPM speeds. This smart circuit board will shut the pump off if it detects a problem. Another unique feature is the clear volute housing which allows you to see inside the pump without having to take it apart allowing you to see if something is stuck inside the volute housing or pinwheel. The key feature of the Bubble Blaster pumps is the enormous amount of air they pull per watt. Air and water volume is the key to aggressive protein skimming and there is no other pump on the market that compares.
Hybrid body skimmers have been a huge hit amongst budget-wise professionals and hobbyists due to the ideal conical transition from the body to the neck. This reduces turbulence, directs the flow gently up to the neck, and reduces head pressure off of the re-circulation pump providing enhanced performance.
Terms of purchase
This skimmer requires 8-10 week lead time and a 50% deposit upfront to begin the building of the skimmer. Skimmers can only ship by freight and are required to cover the cost of shipping. We can ship directly to the job site if desired.
The bioload of an aquarium refers to its ability to process waste in proportion to tank volume. Protein skimmers work best when properly matched with the bioload of the system.
SRO 9000EXT Features
- Super Efficient Filtration
- High-Performance Recirculating pumps with Max injection Venturi System
- Refined Hybrid (half cone) Skimmer Body for Greater Foamate Stabilization & Collection
- Over-Sized Collection Cup with Drain
- Bubble Dispersant Chamber
- Precision Water Level Control Output Valve
- Solid Acrylic Construction
- Body Size: 20in
- Footprint: 32.3in x 30.7in
- Neck Size: 10in
- Total Height: 43.3in
- Output Size: 75mm \ 2.5in PVC
- Output Height: 12.24in
- Feed Inlet Size: 1.25in (Hose Barb/PVC)
- Max Feed Rate: 5000GPH
Note: Suggested Feed Rate of 1.5-2 times the system volume but not exceeding max feed rate of 5000GPH
- Reef Octopus Bubble Blaster HY-10000s Pinwheel Pump
- Voltage: 120v/60Hz
- X2 – Wattage: 125w (95w running)
- X2 – Air draw: 4000 L/H (140 SCFH)
- X2 – GPH: 600 – Efficiency: 95%
*Air and water results will vary depending on aquarium setup
- 2 Year on Pump Body
- 2 Year Pump Rotor
- 1 Year on Skimmer Body
Reef Octopus can not be responsible for consequential damages arising from the installation or use of this product. Reef Octopus warrants the pump to be free from defects in material and workmanship under normal use and conditions for the warranty period from the date of purchase.
CoralVue liability under this warranty shall be limited to repairing or replacing at CoralVue’s discretion, without charge. CoralVue will not be liable for any cost of removal, installation, transportation, or any other charges which may arise in a warranty claim.
*Reef Octopus reserves the right to change/modify this product without notice.
CoralVue, Inc. and Reef Octopus hereby guarantee this product to be free from defects in material and workmanship for a period of:
- 1 Year
Warranty is activated on the date of purchase.
This Standard Limited Warranty applies and is limited as follows:
- To the product only as long as it remains in the possession of the original purchaser.
- To the product that has not been subject to accident, misuse or abuse.
- To the product that has not been modified, altered, defaced, or had repairs made or attempted by other than CoralVue, Inc.
- That CoralVue be immediately notified in writing within ten (10) days of first knowledge of defect by owner or his agent.
- That CoralVue, Inc. shall be given first opportunity to make any repairs, replacements or corrections to the defective construction within a reasonable period of time.
- Under no circumstances shall CoralVue and/or the Manufacturer be liable by virtue of this warranty or otherwise for damage to any person or property whatsoever for any special, indirect, secondary or consequential damages of any nature however arising out of the use or inability to use because of the product defect.