Changing the flow restrictor on your membrane

Flow restrictors are essential to a properly functioning RO system. Be sure to have the appropriate flow restrictor for the membrane you have. If you decide to change your membrane to a higher or lower GPD membrane, you must also replace the flow restrictor to correspond with the membrane.

We recommend the 75 GPD (550) Flow Restrictor for 75 GPD Membrane, and the 100 GPD (800) Flow Restrictor for 100 GPD Membrane (both are Type B). For our 150 GPD membrane we recommend the 150 GPD Inline Flow Restrictor (Type A).

The first thing you need to do is determine the type of flow restrictor you have.

Type A is a capillary restrictor and is a small white fitting that goes inside your black waste water line.

Type B is an inline flow restrictor with quick connect fittings.



Changing from Type B to Type B

If you are simply switching a Type B flow restrictor with another Type B just remove the old one and replace it with the new one.

Changing from Type A to Type B


Locate the Type A restrictor inside the 90° elbow coming out of the waste port on the RO housing. Remove hose, take out the restrictor and replace the hose into the housing. Then cut your waste water line and place the freshly cut ends of the hose into the quick connect fittings on your new Type B flow restrictor.


Changing from Type B to Type A


Remove the Type B quick connect flow restrictor. Insert the new capillary flow restrictor in the end of the hose that is connected to the drain and insert into the 90 degree elbow coming out of the waste water port of the RO membrane housing. Discard tubing that previously went from flow restrictor to elbow.


Changing from Type B with Flush Kit to Type A

Remove the Type B restrictor with quick connect fittings and insert the Type A capillary restrictor in the end of the hose. You may need a new piece of hose since it will need to be a bit longer.