Self-piercing saddle valves directly plumb RO units to household water supply.
- 1/4″ Compression fitting
- Works with copper and plastic pipe
- Designed for use with our saltwater aquarium line of RO systems
Two Sizes Available
- Fits 3/8″ to 3/8″ pipe
- Fits up to 1-1/4″ pipe
Self Piercing Saddle Valve Installation Instructions
- Choose a location as close to the RO unit as possible.
- Make sure the water supply is OFF.
- Back up the piercing pin all the way by turning the handle counterclockwise. It should be retracted slightly past the rubber gasket.
- Position the valve over the pipe and turn the loose clamp piece appropriately to fit the shape of your pipe.
- Firmly snug the valve to the pipe by turning the screw/bolt. This should be done by hand to avoid over tightening.
- Slide compression nut on RO tube.
- Slide on compression sleeve. Note that the sleeve is narrower on one end. Narrow end should be away from valve.
- Insert brass insert into tubing end.
- Tighten compression nut to valve to attach tubing. Do not over tighten.
- Slowly turn valve handle clockwise to pierce pipe. Turn it all the way. This is the “OFF” position.
- Back the valve handle out to open.
- Turn on water supply and check for leaks.
There are no reviews yet.