Regularly replacing your filter elements ensures proper pre-treatment of your tap water, removing harsh chemicals and sediments that can damage the RO membrane, and thereby ensuring you get the best quality product water from your system.
In addition to a high quality 5 micron sediment filter, 1 micron carbon block, and 1.25 lbs of mixed bed DI resin, this filter kit also includes a 1.4lb bag of anion DI resin, making it an ideal choice as a replacement filter set for your 5 Stage Spectapure MaxCap filter systems for water sources that may be particularly high in silica and phosphorus. The additional anion resin efficiently removes high levels of negatively charged contaminants including chloride, bicarbonate, carbonate, sulfates, nitrates, phosphates, or silicates.
- (1) 2.5″ x 10″ 5 Micron Premium ROsave.Z Sediment Filter
- (1) 1 Micron BRS Universal Carbon Block Filter
- (1) 1.25lb BRS Bulk Deionization Color Changing Resin
- (1) 1.4lb BRS PRO Series Blue Anion Deionization Color Changing Resin
GE ROsave.Z Sediment Pre-Filter
GE produces one of the best sediment filters with true progressive fibers. They will last longer and outperform almost any other sediment filter in its price range. ROsave.Z Depth Cartridge Filters is a revolutionary Z.Plex filter engineered by GE. These filters are specifically made for reverse osmosis pretreatment applications and other filtered water applications.
- Up to twice the life of conventional depth filters
- Up to 50% lower pressure drop
- Up to 100% greater dirt holding capacity
- Superior SDI reduction
- Melt-bonded exterior ensures no media migration
- Provides lower total cost of filtration operations
- NSF 42 certified, FDA compliant
BRS Universal Carbon Blocks are manufactured using high performance catalytic active carbon combined with a new binder system technology which maximizes the availability of the critical catalytic sites. The combination of advanced carbon technology, increased volume of carbon contained in each filter and proprietary manufacturing processes delivers exceptionally high chloramine, chlorine, VOC and general chemical performance.
- NSF Certified
- Specifically formulated for superior Chloramine reduction
- 1 µm (micron) Nominal Filtration*
- Chlorine 35,000 @ 1 GPM**
- Chloramines 3,500 @ 0.5 GPM***
- High chemical adsorption
- 30% more carbon than standard blocks****
We recommend replacing carbon blocks every 6-12 months, depending on the volume of water being produced.
*Nominal Micron rating for all above – 1 micron
**2ppm free chlorine >90% reduction
***3ppm monochloramine >85% reduction
****Manufacturer’s internal test data
Color-Changing DI Resin
This kit includes a refillable DI cartridge with BRS Color Changing Resin. DI Resin is necessary to reduce Total Dissolved Solids (TDS) to zero and is the last stage of an RO/DI unit. Resin is sold in economical bulk bags as well as single-use pouches, which are designed for use with refillable DI cartridges. This refillable design saves a small fortune over proprietary sealed cartridges. Refills can be purchased HERE. Changes Color from Blue to Brown as the media is exhausted.
- 2 year shelf life (unopened)
- Total Cation Capacity: 1.9 meq/mL min (Na+ form)
- Total Anion Capacity: 1.25 meg/mL min (cl+ form)
PRO Series Anion Color-Changing DI Resin
This kit includes a refillable DI cartridge with BRS PRO Series Anion Color Changing Resin. Anion resin focuses on removing negatively charged ions and has a blue color-changing dye that will change to amber as it becomes depleted. The single bed anion resin is commonly used as the second stage in a single bed DI system. Refills can be purchased HERE.
- Polymer Structure: Styrene/DVB
- Base Type: Strong
- Polymer Type: Gel
- Functional Group: Trimethylamine
- Physical Form: Spherical Beads
- Ionic Form (as shipped): Hydroxide
- Total capacity: >1.0 meq/mL (OH Form)
- Water Retention: 55 to 60 percent (OH Form)
- Screen Size Distribution: 16 to 50 (U.S. Mesh)
- Maximum Fines Content: 1 percent (less than 50 Mesh)
- Minimum Sphericity: 93 percent
- Uniformity Coefficient: 1.6 (Approximate)
- Resin Color: Blue