Keep your Kleanwater RO/DI System running efficiently with this drop-in replacement filter kit. Regularly replacing your filter elements ensures proper pre-treatment of your tap water, removing harsh chemicals and sediments that can damage the RO membrane, thereby ensuring that you are getting the best quality product water from your system.
This kit is designed to treat all major water sources including well water and water treated with chloramines or chlorine. The kit includes the 1 micron Purtrex Depth Sediment Filter, two BRS Universal Carbon Blocks, and two refillable DI Cartridges filled with BRS Color Changing Resin. This kit can be used with the Kleanwater 6 Stage RO/DI systems, as well as with any competitor 6 stage RO/DI system that uses standard 10” filters.
- Stage One – Purtrex 1 Micron Sediment Filter
- Stage Two – BRS Universal 1 Micron Carbon Block
- Stage Three – BRS Universal 1 Micron Carbon Block
- Stage Four – DI Resin Cartridge
- Stage Five – DI Resin Cartridge
Purtrex Sediment Pre-Filter
Purtrex Depth Sediment Filters are an exceptional value for general applications where long life, high purity and low change-out frequency are required. Produced through GE Osmonics patented melt blown micro fiber technology, Purtrex is a 100% pure polypropylene depth filter with exceptional dirt-holding capacity. Purtrex true-graded density filter matrix (lower density at the surface of the filter with progressively higher density toward the center) captures particles throughout the entire filter depth. This translates to longer life and fewer change-outs than existing string-wound or resin-bonded filters.
We recommend changing sediment filters when they become visually dirty, or if there is a noticeable drop in pressure.
BRS Universal Carbon Blocks are manufactured using high performance catalytic active carbon combined with a new binder system technology which maximizes the availability of the critical catalytic sites. The combination of advanced carbon technology, increased volume of carbon contained in each filter and proprietary manufacturing processes delivers exceptionally high chloramine, chlorine, VOC and general chemical performance.
- NSF Certified
- Specifically formulated for superior Chloramine reduction
- 1 µm (micron) Nominal Filtration*
- Chlorine 35,000 @ 1 GPM**
- Chloramines 3,500 @ 0.5 GPM***
- High chemical adsorption
- 30% more carbon than standard blocks****
We recommend replacing carbon blocks every 6-12 months, depending on the volume of water being produced.
Color-Changing DI Resin
This kit includes a refillable DI cartridge with BRS Color Changing Resin. Refills can be purchased HERE. Changes Color from Blue to Brown as the media is exhausted.
- 2 year shelf life (unopened)
- Total Cation Capacity: 1.9 meq/mL min (Na+ form)
- Total Anion Capacity: 1.25 meg/mL min (cl+ form)
- 1x 1 micron Purtrex Depth Sediment Filter
- 2x BRS Universal Carbon Block
- 2x DI Cartridge filled with BRS Color Changing Resin
*Nominal Micron rating for all above – 1 micron
**2ppm free chlorine >90% reduction
***3ppm monochloramine >85% reduction
****Manufacturer’s internal test data